Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another visit to Bear Canyon

The ladies and the kids all went hiking at Bear Canyon. What a beautiful place and no matter how many times we go there, I never tire of its beauty. The mountains, the rushing water, the variety of trees all peacefully growing together creating this peaceful forest.

The kids all did a great job hiking, although towards the end, I did have to carry Ben. My sister carried her little one, Patrick, as well. But all the kids had a great time hiking, singing & making noise (to keep the bears away), playing clapping games, and all sorts of fun. Hunter had gotten a bear bell for his birthday and it came in quite handy!

We hiked in as far as we thought the kids would want to go and just watched them all play in the stream. That was the farthest my little crew had ever gone before. I often have to ask myself what is more important; getting to the marker point that I thought we could get to OR just going as far as the kids enjoy & it being about them enjoying their time in the forest, experiencing a love of nature. After all, who knows what they will remember, what details, what experiences, but I do think they will remember how they felt and if I can do my best to make those experiences wonderful ones, then I hope those will be the memories that are linked to happy moments in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment