Sunday, July 28, 2013

Getting it all in

So, it was like a puzzle to fit everything in.

There were lots of things that did not make it. I suppose it makes sense to not bring some of the things we know will not really fit in with our new house , but some things were hard to let go of.

My grandma Bunny bought us a beautiful glider with a matching ottoman that was great for nursing because it had that little pull out for your feet. I realize there really would be no reason for us to move it all the way to Utah, but at the time of packing last year, it was too hard to get rid of. I hate the idea just dumping stuff off at Goodwill for it to merely be overpriced and sold to someone who doesn't really care.

So after we got everything shoved and crammed into the U Haul, here we were left with quite a bit of furniture including this glider and ottoman. We were out standing on the street next to the U Haul and a car drove past and I could see a woman sitting in the passenger seat with a big pregnant belly. I decided that I would flag them down and see if they wanted the ottoman and the glider along with our pack n play.

Lucky for us, they took the pack n play right away and said they would stop back the next day for the glider and the ottoman. It really did seem like it was meant to be. They had taken a wrong turn and were not even supposed to be on our road . And then I saw her drive by and have this big pregnant belly just as we are standing there talking about what we're going to do with all this leftover stuff. They didn't even like the rocking chair they had set up in the room for their first baby.

So, sure enough they came back today and took the glider in the ottoman and one other chair. It is a great story and they said they had told many people already about the situation!

I have to say, that for myself, I feel so much better about giving that chair and ottoman a new home. I can remember all the late nights of rocking our babies and all the wonderful memories, the sleepless nights, the tears and laughter and time spent in that chair. And it makes me feel really good to know that someone else, someone just starting their journey of becoming a mother, will now have that be part of their experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment