Sunday, July 28, 2013

The final step

I realize now how many steps are included when you pack up and move across the country, build a house and completely relocate. But getting our stuff packed up into this U Haul has been something that we have been talking about for 15 months! The fact that day finally arrived was a little overwhelming for me.

So after I watched Scott back up an impressive distance with that trailer attached to the U Haul, I walked back to the lake house and felt pretty emotional.

Maybe it was just the fact that this day finally came to pass or that I just needed to mark it in some way, but there were definitely some tears. Maybe it was just simply a release that I needed from feeling so overwhelmed with the whole process of packing up. Again!

There also seemed to be such a permanence about the whole thing. I am not sure why it took a couch or whatever else went into that truck, stuff that I don't really like or care about for the most part, to make the whole experience of our last year seem that much more real, but it did for some reason.

It was like we were moving away for the first time all over again. I just had to have a moment where I had to stop and lean against a tree and just cry for a little bit.

But when I got back to the lake house, I sat and watched something called "drunk history" online and it was absolutely hysterical. I highly suggest it for anyone feeling a little blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment