Friday, June 20, 2014

Just the right amount

There was a huge storm the morning we dropped off Katie. But it was a great distraction as well. We ended up arriving at the bus stop early and were quite relieved when we did arrive!

It was great to have Vanessa with us. That meant Katie and I were not just looking at each other fretting about her heading off to camp.

There were several other cars parked there too and when the rain stopped, a dad came over and asked if we had someone heading off to camp. Before we knew it, Katie already had a friend her age!

The bus arrived and with it, so did a little panic.  There were a few tears, but when the other girl's mom hopped off the bus and told katie her daughter was saving a seat for her-all was good!

And off she went!

I suppose it's one thing to have Katie be away for that long, but it adds another element that I will not be able to hear from her either!

I know Katie though. And I know she Id ready for this! She's got a big space in herself that is eager to have something all on her own there, something that she fully owns and camp will be it.

Of course, I do get a little melancholic thinking about that the girl I dropped off might be pretty different from the one I pick up, but it's all good!

If you go to the camp website, you can log on and see pics of her. She looks happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment