Monday, February 3, 2014

FOUND!

Bo has been missing since early January.

He's been working on a sheep farm in town. I met a police officer this morning to pick him up.  Although when we got there, the guy said he had not seen him since Friday. So we end up driving around this sheep farm looking for him. And I was thinking about how disappointed I was and how my hopes had gotten so high to get him back.

That certainly is one thing I do not think I will ever get used to, the disappearance of animals. Its not only hard just not knowing but also thinking about what might have happened to them. And feeling guilty about that!

By chance, this other guy starts driving up the dirt road that I was on with the police officer so we ask him. He said the dog showed up at his place over the weekend and he moved it over to his hay shed to keep the deer away.

So the police officer and I drive across town. We pull into where his hay shed is and there is Bo- chained up with a deer carcass next to him for him to eat!  I do not think he has ever been so happy to see someone! When I told him to "load up", he jumped right in and looked at me like let's get the hell out of here!

I love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment