Monday, February 3, 2014

Problems

So there is this 2 year old heifer that has been limping around the pasture. Yesterday, before Scott left, I got her down into this little area so that when the vet came today she would be ready.

There is no way to really know what the problem is with her hoof. It could be a fracture. She could have something stuck up in there. Who knows? But the vet thought it would be smart to give her a shot of antibiotics as well as an anti inflammatory to prevent any further damage.

Now of course Scott is gone and I am the number one ranch woman this week! I will get into that a little more later. But here I am, now with this hurt heifer, who needs a shot every day until Friday. That is not a big deal if I had a dart gun! But what you have to do is get her to stick her head through the head catch so she is stuck there. Then after she stops thrashing around like a crazy cow, I have to take the needle and jam it into her skin and inject the medicine. So the vet thought it would be smart if I tried it while he was there. And I did it!

We will just have to wait and see how it goes tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment