Friday, February 28, 2014

Not good

I was so excited to go and get a pedicure with a friend! It would be the first time that sort of thing happened in Utah!

It was so bizarre!

First of all, the gal who was going to give me my pedicure came in with a bucket of warm water. And I was not sure if I was just going to soak my feet in that or what? That is not really what I am used to. Or anyone for that matter. Right!? When you go get a pedicure, you sit down and you put your feet into a hot tub of water which is a permanent fixture!

So my friend and I are sitting there with our feet in a plastic tub of water on a vibrating mobile rolling cart. Later my friend told me that her one wheel kept on unlocking and the whole cart kept slipping away!

Then, both of the girls giving the pedicures put on rubber gloves. Maybe it has been a really long time since my last pedicure and this is the new way of doing it, but it was kind of weird to watch her put her rubber gloves on before she touched my feet!

So not to be too critical, I suppose it was an OK pedicure. Actually, I cannot even say that!

Normally, there is a ton of nail polish to pick from. The give you a bunch of samples colors that are painted on a little nail polish swatch. They had a plastic box of nail polish to pick from. And a brand I had never heard of before.

The girl who gave me my pedicure spent so much time getting the nail polish off my toe skin that I thought it would actually be an OK pedicure. 

They did not have any disposable flip flops. Luckily, I had brought my own which I do not normally do. But my friend had to walk to her car barefoot in February!

By the time I got home, mind you it was a 30 minute drive, my toes were so tacky it was like gum!  And I had already smudged two toes.

I sent my friend a text message and said I had already ruined my pedicure. I truly did laugh my ass off when she sent me a text message back with a picture of her demolished big toenail! Asking what kind of nail polish that was!?

I waited 3 hours for that nail polish to dry. And by that time my feet were freezing! So by the time I got into bed I had to put on a pair of socks! So by the morning not only was all the nail polish smudged - it was kind of furry!

So, needless to say, I did have to stop at the dollar store the next day and buy some nail polish remover. I really do want my $35 back!

And then the other really bizarre thing was that the girls giving the pedicures asked us if we knew anyone who gave massages. I said no. Then I went on to tell about the one and only, very strange massage I got in a nearby town .

Normally, I think this is pretty normal everywhere, you fill out some paperwork. That paper work includes any kind of area you want focused on, any aches or pains you have, your history, if you have ever had a massage before, things of this nature.

Well, at this place I went to, 1 of the additional questions was if I understood that this massage was not a sexual service. I didn't know if I should start laughing or leave or what! And usually when I am uncomfortable, I make a joke so that is what I did. I looked up with the lady and I said that the massage was certainly not sexual for me and I just wanted to clarify that was not for her because obviously that something someone is thinking about here!

She told me that she had to add that because in some areas it is assumed you might be able to get a little something extra.

So, here I am getting one of the worst pedicures of my life, telling this story. And one of the girls says to me that they actually had a woman drop off a resume. On her resume, it stated that for a little extra money she offered special services to men. It was actually on her resume! Can you believe that!? I mean who are these people!

I mean I just have to laugh! I guess when I am so totally exhausted and overwhelmed and all I want to do is sleep, I will just have to get Scott a massage somewhere!
Just kidding!


No comments:

Post a Comment